Thursday, January 16, 2014

Secretary Hutch/Desk - Dated to Timeless!

Well happy new year everyone!  I hope you all had a lovely holiday season!  I took some time off from the blogging world and thought I would come back and start this new year off right with this lovely piece I just finished!  This old mahogany secretary was screaming out my name at a garage sale this past summer!  I honestly had the hardest time trying to decide which way I wanted to go with it, as far as colors go.  I had thought about that really pretty robins egg blue and cream or a darker teal and cream.. But I opted for this timeless combination of grey and cream.  And I'm so happy I did!  I think this piece is stunning and wish I had a place for it in my home!!  But I don't. ;)  So away to my shop it went!




It boasts ball and claw feet all the way around!  So gorgeous!


 As you saw in the above before picture, this secretary had glass in the doors, but I replaced it with chicken wire to give it a French Country appeal.  I coated the chicken wire using a combination of Rust-oleum Hammered in Copper and Brown.  I LOVE the way it turned out!  It looks so classy with the grey and cream.







I guess that sums up my old dated secretary transformation!  I hope you are inspired to create or transform something!!  Have a wonderful and blessed day, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment