Thursday, March 7, 2013

DIY Crate Buffet

 Good Morning!  I thought I should share my newest treasure!  I am just so in love with my Crate Buffet!  It could easily be used as a bookshelf, or craft room organizer, but for me, it's my so very needed dining room buffet.

I had seen something similar to this on Pinterest, so I was inspired and started gathering my materials needed to make my own! 



It really is a simple list of items needed to build this piece.  You will need:


6 wooden crates {all the same size, mine are 12 Deep / 12 Wide / 21 Long}

2 pine boards {stained with the barn wood stain.,cut to size, mine were 13 Deep / 44 Wide}

4 caster wheels {get the ones that turn and pivot around, I got mine at Lowe's} 


And that's it!  Pretty sweet right?  You will also need a nail gun and some screws to make sure it's all anchored. 
 
 

 I had so much fun decorating my new treasure!  I have a smaller home and feel like there is no room to decorate!  And now I have six shelves all in one!  Hooray! :)  I'm a nerd, I know.




 For the most part I had to use what I had around the house for my decor, with the exception of my new plant holder and Hydrangeas. {My Favorite}




I sanded the edges of the wood top for now.. I plan on beating it up a bit more later ;) 




I am seriously ready for Spring!  It's been a mix of wind, rain, sun, and snow here lately.. Umm.. okay, make up your mind and give us SPRING already! 

Here is a shot of my dining room at this point.  You might notice we're missing our trim.. We put in new floors and still need to finish the trim.  I wish I could tell you this was a recent change, but no.  My new floors went in over three years ago!!!  I'm a bit OCD, so I'm surprised I've managed this long with no trim.. I just tell myself.. It's rustic, right? Eh? ;)
 



So there you have it.. A crate buffet, bookshelf, extra storage.. whatever you need it for.  Simple storage, and beautifully rustique!




Well, I hope this has inspired you to restore something old and rusty, and get out your tools!  Have a great day!

Linking up with:

Miss Mustard Seed