Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cute Shabby Bench Made with an Old Headboard

I just finished up this adorable little bench today.  I started with an old twin headboard that I picked up for ten bucks at a thrift store yesterday.  I love a good deal! :)


I had some scrap pieces of wood laying around from all my other projects, so I dug through to see if I could come up with something for my vision.  I ended up with a 4x4 post, two 1x8x6 boards, and one 1x4 scrap.  So I did some measuring {this usually makes my brain hurt!}, and made some cuts {this usually makes my hubby's brain hurt} haha, and got building!  I simply made a skirt for the bench with the 1 x 4 material, using my pocket hole set.  And then, there was glue... and screws... and sanding... and painting.. that was the long story short ;)


I painted this bench in the usual.. Vintage by Valspar, which I get at Lowes.  I always finish my furniture with a good lacquer.  I love Deft in Satin.  I get that at Home Depot.



I hope you're having a lovely week!  Thanks for stopping by to check out my headboard bench!! xo 

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment