Sunday, February 3, 2013

Built In Desk with Wood Top

Happy Sunday!  Are any of you totally feeling Spring Fever??  I AM and have been since the 1st of January! :)  I know.. I'm a bit crazy that way!  I have started numerous projects around the house and have yet to actually finish one.. I am known for this... But I have every intention of getting them done this time! ;)  

Here is one that I am working on right now.


My hubby built this desk for me.. Isn't he sweet?  Well, after having this built in desk for over a year now.. I'm finally finishing it!  It's just been a raw wood desk {left to soak in markers, and paint, and coffee :-/} and I'm finishing the top with my homemade Earl Grey Tea Stain!  I will do a post on how to make that soon :)

 


Here I have shown you the process of each step and the effect it has on the wood.  Now let me say this.. I had originally planned to paint this wood top with a high gloss white paint when we had first put it in.  This desk acts as both my office space and my painting studio space.  So I was after something that would clean up nice!  But lately I've found myself leaning towards these grey woods and barn wood like finishes.. So I changed my mind and here we are.  

That said, if I had planned on leaving the wood exposed, I would have chosen a raw pine instead.  This is a poplar wood.. {a.k.a.- not that pretty when stained..}  But I'm going to choose to look beyond and just go with it! Haha.. This desk has a long way to go, but I'm on a mission!  So stay tuned, and your comments are always welcome!

Are you working on any cool Spring Fever related projects?  I would LOVE to hear about them!

Happy Sunday Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Your desk is so pretty. How fun to have such a big work space!! I love the way that stain looks on there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use a tea stain on the wood. It looks fabulous!!

    Kristen told me about your blog - welcome to blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great! I love the barnwood finishes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks AWESOMENESS Jenny Girl xo I love the wall to wall counter, so much space to do your artwork as well :)

    ReplyDelete