Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lemonade and Sweet Treats Stand

Lemonade anyone?  I just finished restoring this old antique tea cart to a new and freshened up Lemonade Stand!  And I LOVE the way it turned out!  But don't let my love for it fool you into thinking it was an easy ride to achieve!  What I thought was going to be a three to four hour restore, ended up taking twelve!!  That's right!  Twelve hours! :-/  Nine alone was spent trying to remove the paint from all the crevices and turned post legs.  But this was the first project I ever took on for someone else, so I have some experience behind me now for future projects!  

So lets take a look at this gorgeous Lemonade and Sweet Treats Stand! 


My client picked out a color called Weathered Glass.  She wanted a nice stain on top in the darker hue.  So I started with my rusted vinegar stain, but it wasn't dark enough and didn't have the warm red hues to it, so I ended up applying a Min-wax brand in Mahogany.  It turned out perfect!


Here is the before picture of the tea cart.  It had a layer of primer and red gloss paint, and as you can see, it was peeling and falling off.  


Here I'm applying the first coat of the vinegar rust stain.


And our finished product!  I am in love with this cute little stand now!  Talk about turning trash into treasure.  And I'm so happy I was able to restore a family heirloom into something the my client and her family can use in their everyday life.  
 
 

As always, Thank you for taking the time to visit me here and I hope you've been inspired!  Have a blessed week everyone!

I Brought The Goods Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment