Monday, October 7, 2013

DIY Fall Floral Burlap Arrangement

Wow!  It feels like forever since I've posted!  I went on vacation for a week and all the work of trying to get ready and then play catch up when I got home was insane!  I am still fighting to catch up with many things.  But I have to say, it was the time of my life!  My Aunt and I went to Maui for a girls trip and we explored the entire island, staying in three different places, and adventuring it up with amazing activities, from sea kayaking, to a helicopter ride, to the largest zip line in all of Hawaii!!  We pretty much did it all and saw it all!  The beauty of this island is breathtaking!  Really shows what a creative God we have.. It's mysterious and magical and just stunning!  Anyway, onto the DIY for today!

I had posted a preview like a month and a half ago and it's taken me this long to follow through with the post.. Sorry about that ;) 


  So here are the supplies you need for this, and how I put it together.

several fall floral bouquets in different colors and textures 
{I bought mine at the dollar store, 6 blooms each bouquet}

burlap cut to 30" x 15" 
{color of your choice, I chose blonde}

foam 
{for arranging the flowers}

jute string 
{cut long enough to double around and tie}

hot glue gun and a lot of glue sticks


 Step 1:  Start by hot gluing along the edges and simply turning it over to create a fold.  This doesn't have to be perfect, it's a bit rustic.  

Step 2:  Cut your foam to the size it needs to be to fit into your burlap once its folded over.. sorry, I didn't get this measurement, but it's pretty hard to go wrong here.. " So here are the supplies you need for this, and how I put it together. :)  Cut all of the stems off of the bouquet and make sure you leave them long enough to insert into the foam, while long enough to come out of the burlap sack.  Start arranging your flowers and placing colors and textures as you desire.. 

Step 3:  Place the foam arrangement onto half of the burlap and simply fold over, and hot glue the sides together.

Step 4:  Grab your jute string and circle around the burlap sack twice to give it interest and then double knot.  You really can use or do whatever with this part.  You can use a thicker jute rope, tulle, burlap, other fall material.. you get to decide!

And that's it!  You're done and you have a beautiful rustic floral arrangement! 





 I made a smaller one too!  Isn't it lovely? :)


 
 I hope you found this tutorial easy.  Feel free to email me if you have any questions at all! 

As always, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving comments!  I love them all! Have a wonderful and blessed day!
 
Linking up at:


No comments:

Post a Comment