Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Crate&Barrel's Paloma II Dining Table with a Twist

Hello Friends!

My version of Crate&Barrel's Paloma II table is finished and my client finally getting to enjoy it!




I wrapped the bases with Douglas Fir, which were ripped down on the table saw.  I cut 96 pieces of both the long and the short strips.  They had to be individually stained.  This part was quite the process.. But it turned out great!  And it was pretty fun watching it all come together.

The self edge is crafted out of White Limba.  Such a unique grain to this wood.  I had a blast working with it. 


 The top is made out of a gorgeous Hickory.  Doesn't look like your normal Hickory right?  Well, did you know that for every cut of wood, there are two sides to choose from?  The grain is different depending on how you cut.  So my client chose this really unique, and I think exotic looking side.

I stained the top in Natural, and then a coat of Weathered Oak.  The self edge was given a coat of Honey, and then the Weathered Oak. The table was sealed using Polyurethane Wipe On by Minwax.



I am IN LOVE with the chairs my client picked out to go with this table.  They are a rustic microfiber suede, and I love the nail head trim!  So rustic, yet elegant.





The light fixture really suits this new table set as well.  Great choice David!  This room is really coming together!


I posted the process of how I made this table on my other post.  You can find all those pictures here!  Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you all have a blessed week and enjoy this fall weather!

xo Jen


Linking up with:

Miss Mustard Seed


No comments:

Post a Comment